Catching up on the Last Couple Months (TOL #7)
The last few months have been a whirlwind. I always find it hard to come back to blogging after an absence, but I mostly blog for myself now, so I apologize for anyone who would have liked to follow along. I figured I would share a little about what’s been going on in our lives. I may expand some of these topics into full posts (especially NYC). If there’s anything that you would like me to expand on, let me know.
- We celebrated our 10 year anniversary at the end of September. It just so happened that it fell on a Parent’s night out with our YMCA, which meant we got to go out for a very low babysitting cost. We had dinner, ice cream and then had a beer at the micro-brew were we had our first not-a-date. After almost 12 years together, I think we were kidding ourselves that the first beer was just platonic.
2. A couple weeks later my husband and I took a mini-vacation to New York City. It was the longest I’ve ever been away from the kids, but we had a blast. We hit up all the classic NYC sites, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Statue of Liberty, 9/11 Museum, Empire State Building, Museum of Natural Science, NYC Transit museum and the Brooklyn museum. On top of that we walked over 25,000 steps a day and spent time riding citibikes (Central Park, Manhattan and Prospect Park).
3. My daughter, my first born, turned 5 years old. I still can’t get over how fast time has flown by. She’s such a lively talkative creature.
4. She also broke her arm a few weeks before her birthday. It hasn’t slowed her down at all.
5. We had family in town to celebrate my daughter’s birthday. I got to paint at Muse with my brother’s girlfriend. The painting is one of my favorites I’ve done in social painting classes.
6. I spent a week in Florida for work related training. We stayed at the Swan and Dolphin resort. I got to go to Epcot one night and otherwise enjoyed exploring the grounds of the Swan and Dolphin, Disney Beach Club and Disney Boardwalk Resorts.
7. The very next day returning from Florida, I was in Boston for the Head of the Charles Regatta. It’s been a long time since I raced it. But that race will always have my heart. It’s crazy to think I won it 19 years ago!
8. We bought a minivan! I will finally be able to chauffeur my kids and their friends at the same time.
9. I have been struggling to figure out something gastro-intestinal lately. I originally thought it was gall-bladder related, but after a partial round of Whole30 (whole23?) I think it’s actually gluten related. Halloween showed me that my body really needs to get back on a healthy eating kick.
Does anyone else feel like they need November to recover from October before December comes around?