Happy (American) Thanksgiving (TOL #10)
It’s American Thanksgiving today (Canadian Thanksgiving is rightfully in October). I’m up at my in-laws house eating a traditional Thanksgiving Meal and studying for my Certified Quality Engineer exam. I figured I would take a quick break to write up a Thinking Out Loud Thursday post. If you don’t know what TOL is, it’s a linkup hosted by Running with Spoons that encourages free-form writing.
- I ran a 5k Turkey Trot this morning. I pushed the stroller with my 5 year old and 2.75 year old in a huge crowd. My husband ran in the front of the pack and won second in his age group with a sub-18 minute 5k (not his PR). I ran a 34:34 which I was pleased with considering I was pushing 100+ lbs for 2.2mi+ and I had to stop and secure an attempted jumper. Race report to follow soon.
- I was laughing at myself a little today. I was trying to plate a piece of apple pie. It collapsed and looked terrible. #formerfoodblogger
- I may be on a race registration kick (my 2018 schedule is developing here). The Black Friday Deals on races around here are amazing. I can’t resist a $50 half marathon.
- I did my first Barre Class in what seems like forever yesterday. Because I was released early I was able to bring the Kids to the YMCA. They played at KidZone and I ran 3.1 miles on the treadmill and did the Barre class. I understand why the YMCA is so popular with stay-at-home moms during the week.
- I loved this article about signing up for Ambassadorships by Wendy is Taking The Long Way Home. I’m an ambassador for very limited companies, but I’m happy with them.
- Talking about my ambassadorship, I’m giving away a pair of compression socks by Crazy Compression. Don’t forget to sign up.
- Happy Thanksigiving my American friends. I hope you are spending time with family and/or friends and are enjoying the holidays.
Did you run a Turkey Trot this year?
Are you an ambassador for any brands?