Now on the Blog: Self Hosting
It’s only been a month since I started blogging again. But I’ve already remembered what I loved about blogging regularly. I love being able to share what I make and what I see. I love sharing my fitness journey and what books I’m ready. And I like to occasionally share a cute tidbit about my kids.
- I hadn’t really built up a real readership yet, I was worried that if I did I would lose readers in a transition.
- I was constantly stressed about the storage space available on the WordPress.com site (although I was not near any limits)
- I wanted to use Recipage to share a recipe I created over the weekend. It only works on self hosted wordpress sites.
- Although I never made much money on my previous sites, it is kind of nice to monetize. I’ll probably only be doing some adsense ads and amazon affiliate links though.
- I fell in love with the Kale Theme.
- I missed the customizations of self hosted wordpress.
As for this blog, my plans are to share what I want when I want. At one point I was wearing myself out trying to maintain blogs in different niches and constantly worried about losing readership. Between a full time high stress job, fitness and two little kids, blogging wasn’t fun so it dropped off the radar. So as I make my comeback I plan on being what my favorite blogger Katie called a half-assed blogger (BTW Katie in trying to find your post I may have searched for Marriage Confession Terrible Blogger, you know I don’t mean it!). I’ll post when it’s fun and forget about it when the important things in life get in the way.
In the meantime, I still regularly post on my triple Instagram addictions Sometimes Sporty, Sometimes I Veg and Sometimes Views. I occasionally post beyond new post updates on Facebook and Twitter is something I do in spurts.